Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fashion Reviews with Nike Pro Combat Jerseys





This weekend of college football showed the introduction of the new Nike Pro Combat Uniforms. TCU, Boise State, and Virginia Tech all debuted the new uniforms over the weekend and here are my fashion reviews of the new Nikes.

What I liked:

- The Boise State helmet with the huge bronco logo on one side, although they had enough room to put it on the other side but I thought it was cool.
- Keeping with the helmet theme, the Hokies flat black helmet design looked really good and made the VT logo stand out.
- Virginia Tech's flat black color scheme continued with the all black jersey design, good call.

What I disliked:
- This is where I finally mention TCU's lizard skin designed uniforms, not a big fan of the lizard skin pants and helmet. It reminds me of fashion designers creating the flashiest clothes you see on a runway but you know no normal human being would wear in public. I would have preferred to see gray or black on the pants and helmet.
- The only downfall for the Boise State uniforms is the incorporation of the two shades of gray on the jersey shirt. As I was watching the game and saw the Broncos come out of the locker room I thought the darker shade of gray were sweat stains coming from under player's pads.
- As much as I liked the Hokies uniforms there was one flaw, the small VT's within the numbering and stripes of the jersey shirts.

Overall, I like the concept of Nike introducing new style jerseys because it gets players excited and gives all the fans something else to talk about. College Football is here so lets all enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment